Personalized Online Training Designed for the 21st Century Mariner
Seamen’s Church Institute offers an extensive library of digital classes and made-to-order capabilities. CME’s e-learning team will work with company leadership to tailor the program to suit customer needs.
CME digital classes are ideal for mariners because coursework:
- Engages the principles of adult learning
- Follows a curriculum developed by mariners for mariners
- Is accessible across multiple devices including the cell phone
- May be taken in small increments over time
- Incurs zero travel costs.
Mariners can build everything from basic Rules of the Road knowledge to on-boarding information to leadership skills in free moments on the vessel and at home.
“The Seamen’s Church Institute Church (SCI) has partnered with Pine Bluff Sand & Gravel Company to develop customized training programs for our organization. These initiatives have strengthened our compliance with the US Coast Guard’s Subchapter M regulations. The service, staff, and quality provided by SCI for our speciﬁc needs has been outstanding, and we are proud to have SCI as a partner.” — Craig Taylor, Operations, Pine Bluff Sand and Gravel
Good for the Mariner and Good for the Company
For large and small marine transportation companies, CME’s e-learning team is your training partner vested in your success. Training partners enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to all training topics including those subjects required by Subchapter M and 17 modules alone for Rules of the Road
- Unlimited training, per person, per year
- Turn-key, private branded learning modules and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Easy and robust electronic reporting and documentation
- Certification of completion of courses
- Regularly updated and expanded catalogue of classes
- Options for company-specific training including topics addressing change management
- Customizable solutions and payment plans
- Expert and attentive customer support that includes technical support and administrative training
“The SCI e-learning program really helps take care of required annual and quarterly learning, leaving more time for fleet operations.” — Mike Rocco, Port Captain/Training and Vetting Manager, Settoon Towing
For more information about how e-learning can benefit your business, please contact Jonathan Burson at 713.674.1236 or firstname.lastname@example.org.